ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Operation Facebook (will you rejoice?)

<< < (6/8) > >>

tomos:
So tell me...what do they rationally expect to accomplish by trying to do this?  :huh:
-40hz (August 12, 2011, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

ego enlargement

40hz:
So tell me...what do they rationally expect to accomplish by trying to do this?  :huh:
-40hz (August 12, 2011, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

ego enlargement
-tomos (August 12, 2011, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me this one kid I grew up with. He couldn't walk down a sidewalk without going out of his way to find, and step on, some defenseless little bug.

The innately mean personality blossoms early.

Stoic Joker:
Seems like an unjustifiable amount of collateral damage is about to be inflicted on a huge number of undeserving people.  And all in the name of "teaching a lesson" to a large corporation . One which is not going to change anything it does in the wake of it - except possibly push for even greater government regulation of the Web. And likely cooperate even more with government law enforcement than it (allegedly) already does.

So tell me...what do they rationally expect to accomplish by trying to do this?  :huh:-40hz (August 12, 2011, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Anon has affectively made a declaration of war against FB. And given their opponent a (roughly) 3 month lead time to backup and fortify as (they see fit) necessary. if apathy prevails...Well...

I've been "warned", and have taken appropriate steps to ensure that all pictures of my granddaughter the wife has in her FB account are also stored in an alternate location. My work is done (se above)...

The corporations have been and will continue to milk people for every ounce of marketable information regardless of any silly concerns about the privacy and well being of the individual. Unless someone gets their attention by making it a less tantalizing an option.

I fail to see any reason to fear a "reprisal" that is the inevitable out come of the current trends. Knowledge is power. It always has been. ...And properly subjugated drones do not have it. Hence the access to information as we have it today, must be stopped. To allow our corporate overlords to gain an appropriate level of control over the thronging (not them and therefore unwashed) masses.

40hz:
@JJ - I wonder what's really worse. Having a corporation play games with my information - or having a bevy of script-kiddies decide to take it upon themselves to smash something I'm using just because they don't like it.

Everybody who uses Facebook registered for an account and basically asked to be there.

I don't know anybody using Facebook that asked anon to try and crash it.

How about you?

nosh:
i don't mean to nitpick here but I have heard of cases of identity theft on FB where the authorities haven't done anything to help the victims despite several people reporting it. Perhaps not for lack of trying, but I suppose the policy is "when in doubt, f### it!" I'm sure a few of those victims would be delighted to see FB go down in flames.

The bottomline is, FB, like most of the Intertubes, is unregulated - even if an imposter is eventually stopped, a lot of irrevocable damage can be incurred.

This cat and mouse game, IMHO, is unavoidable. Even necessary for future security. I'm just glad Anon is keeping itself busy with the likes of FB and (hopefully) not messing with the local nuclear plant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version