ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Operation Facebook (will you rejoice?)

<< < (3/8) > >>

Renegade:
In that respect, they behave much like most governments - except there isn't even the possibility they're acting with the consent of the governed.
-40hz (August 10, 2011, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ummm... And governments act how? :P :D

In the best interests of the people?

Please don't say yes, as I'll laugh myself into a vomiting hysteria.
-Renegade (August 10, 2011, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

No need to puke. All I'm saying is they're assuming authority to act as judge, jury, and executioner. Just like the government they claim to despise does.

How did that line at the end of Orwell's Animal Farm go? Let's look it up:

"No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

--- End quote ---

:)
-40hz (August 10, 2011, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe for this thread, and maybe for another... But very ranty...There is a very big difference between the governors and the governed. To hold them to the same standards is nuts.

Why should the government be held blameless? The current governments in the west act as "judge, jury, and executioner" anyways. What's the difference? We KNOW that our current governments are f**king us up the tarhole. Could it be worse? No. It really couldn't. They CONTINUALLY limp from one crisis to the next. They're utterly incompetent. In any sane society we'd execute them and be done with it, then move on to some semblance of sanity.

The current systems have failed. Utterly. Completely.

We can't go from one crisis to the next and claim any remote semblance of competence. The world economy is a complete f**king shambles. DEBT IS NOT A STRATEGY!

There isn't a company on the planet that would put up with this level of incompetence and idiocy without firing everyone! Nobody is that stupid... Except for the masses... They'll take it up the tarhole again and again and again and again... Or will they?

And when they get fed up? What do we call them?

Cowards?

Terrorists?

Thugs?

Criminals?

What did people expect? Force people's hands, and then demand they be docile while they get raped? F**k that.

This is NOT about the MICRO-PICTURE. This is about the MACRO-PICTURE.

I trust Anonymous more than any politician. Have you ever known a politician to tell the truth? Fat chance.

wraith808:
Have you ever known a politician to tell the truth?
-Renegade (August 10, 2011, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually.. I have.  Not overly successful politicians, but yes.

Carol Haynes:
--- End quote ---

-wraith808 (August 10, 2011, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have too - they are usually sacked fairly promptly and disowned by their colleagues as "disloyal"

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-wraith808 (August 10, 2011, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have too - they are usually sacked fairly promptly and disowned by their colleagues as "disloyal"
-Carol Haynes (August 10, 2011, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've noticed that the honesty of a politician is inversely proportionate to the amount of power he or she wields.  Of course, that's a maxim rather than a theory, but still...

40hz:
I trust Anonymous more than any politician. Have you ever known a politician to tell the truth? Fat chance.
--- End quote ---

I knew a total of two.  

One served one term. Didn't run for a second. The other served two terms and didn't run for a third. In both cases it was for medical reasons.

Draw whatever conclusions you will from that.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version