ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

40% off on Notezilla Sticky Notes Program only on 17th August

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
I really didn't like them dropping the weekly e-mail, and still can't understand why they insist on daily ones.  When I saw something I wanted, I planned to go online on that day, and clicked through to the deal from their site, as the only way to get the deal anyway.  Can't see their problem.
-rjbull (August 16, 2011, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think to up their daily visitor count.  While it is an inconvenience, I know from trying to set up discounts and such that the companies want to see a significant daily visitor count.  So if you make it so that people don't have to visit, then you have less leverage to get companies to offer their software at a discount, let alone a significant discount.

If they said this up front and explained it, maybe people would be more understanding.

rjbull:
I [...] still can't understand why they insist on daily {e-mails}-rjbull (August 16, 2011, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think to up their daily visitor count.  While it is an inconvenience, I know from trying to set up discounts and such that the companies want to see a significant daily visitor count.  So if you make it so that people don't have to visit, then you have less leverage to get companies to offer their software at a discount, let alone a significant discount.-wraith808 (August 16, 2011, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see, though I don't like what it implies.  Companies would seem to see us as consumerist fashion-victim lemmings.  Given that most of the companies featured in BdJ are shareware rather than big corporations, I think that's sad and bad.

If they said this up front and explained it, maybe people would be more understanding.
--- End quote ---
I didn't read every post on their forum, but I certainly didn't see that clearly said.  It would have helped a little, though I'm still not going to be online every day.

Actually, if companies really want to get a user base of enthusiastic evangelists, they'd probably do best to offer discounts through established, well-respected software discussion sites - of which DC is the prime example...

Back on topic:

the Notezilla discount is TODAY, 2011-08-17
Ten hours plus remaining at the time of writing.

app103:
Actually, if companies really want to get a user base of enthusiastic evangelists, they'd probably do best to offer discounts through established, well-respected software discussion sites - of which DC is the prime example...
-rjbull (August 17, 2011, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

There has been a generous 30% off discount on Notezilla available here on DC for a very long time. It's just that this BDJ one is a little better.

But if you miss it, you can still take advantage of the one offered to DC members.

(Thanks conceptworld!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version