topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Syncing Google / Outlook calendar  (Read 4382 times)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Syncing Google / Outlook calendar
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:28 AM »
I'm looking for a tool that will sync my Outlook calendar with two Google calendars. Doesn't necessarily need to be free. I want the following feature though: the tool needs to be able to selectively sync Outlook events with two different Google calendars. I don't care about how it does this (category, keyword, some Outlook flag are all fine).

My situation is as follows: I use Outlook for work and Google for private events. I want to see all of my work and private events on my phone (using two different Google calendars). My wife can see my private calendar on her phone as well. Now I want her to see *some* of my work events too, so I want to selectively sync some of my work events to my private Google calendar instead of the work calendar.

I know and have been using Google's Sync Tool, which is good, but does not offer selective syncing. I've read bad things about OggSync, which would seem to offer the functionality described above but all reports claim that the tool does not work (and will actually f..k up your calendar).

Anyone know about or even using a tool that does this?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Syncing Google / Outlook calendar
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:51 AM »
Found gSyncit which seems to work fine. It allows filtering by category as well as keywords as it seems. I'm going the category route at the moment and it does just what I want.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Can't you just share/invite your wife to the events you want her to see?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22 AM »
Can't you just share/invite your wife to the events you want her to see?

I maybe could. I just want it to be as painless as possible, like assigning a category or something.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:16 AM »
Just in case I wasn't clear, I meant wouldn't it be relatively easy and painless to just add your wife as a Guest for the events you want her to see?

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 04:03 PM »
I'm looking for a tool that will sync my Outlook calendar with two Google calendars. Doesn't necessarily need to be free. I want the following feature though: the tool needs to be able to selectively sync Outlook events with two different Google calendars. I don't care about how it does this (category, keyword, some Outlook flag are all fine).
Companionlink for Outlook will allow you to selectively sync Outlook and different Google calendars based on a variety of criteria.

But what you need is the ability to have two separate profiles, since changing settings each time will get old fast.  Companionlink also sells a Pro version (which I haven't tried) that claims to be able to sync multiple databases and might fit the bill. It is expensive: $49.95 for Standard and $129.95 for Professional.