topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Top 10 Survival Tricks for When the Zombie Apocalypse Hits :: Lifehacker  (Read 33504 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is my Zombie Apocalypse weapon of choice.

"It's both a medical device and a firearm"

Classic quote.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
One of the most effective things for any potential combat, and certainly one of the most under-rated:

running_shoes.jpg
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

wr975

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
One of the most effective things for any potential combat, and certainly one of the most under-rated:
 (see attachment in previous post)

Pretty effective against serial killers wearing a mask... but against Zombies? Depends on the "Zombie universe" you're in.

Slow walkers? No need to run. Just walk away and avoid them (as seen in "Night of the Walking Dead")
Fast Runners? Running away won't help. They'll never get tired.

I guess the best way to deal with a Zombie outbreak is hiding in a bomb shelter for some months, until the walking corpses decay. A gun with plenty of ammo is also a good idea, but don't forget a silencer. Zombies are usually attracted to noise. So shoot one zombie, and fifty others will hear you. A cordless nail gun could be a good idea. ;-)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
* Deozaan looks at wr975's avatar.

I'm not sure I like the idea of taking advice from a zombie. Then again, I suppose you'd know best.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member

Pretty effective against serial killers wearing a mask... but against Zombies? Depends on the "Zombie universe" you're in.

Slow walkers? No need to run. Just walk away and avoid them (as seen in "Night of the Walking Dead")

I guess the best way to deal with a Zombie outbreak is hiding in a bomb shelter for some months, until the walking corpses decay. A gun with plenty of ammo is also a good idea, but don't forget a silencer. Zombies are usually attracted to noise. So shoot one zombie, and fifty others will hear you. A cordless nail gun could be a good idea. ;-)

The Zombies in "I Am Legend" were fast. Guess a better defense against them is this:

800px-Allure_of_the_seas_sideview.JPGTop 10 Survival Tricks for When the Zombie Apocalypse Hits :: Lifehacker

Though if there's one of those bad Filipino bands on the boat, you could be in for worse horrors than just zombies...

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Shaun Of The Dead is worth watching for a few tips,
... and a few giggles ;)

Tom

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The Zombies in "I Am Legend" were fast. Guess a better defense against them is this:

Hmm, just you and four thousand zombies on a ship...with no firearms....I'd watch that for a dollar!  :P

Though if there's one of those bad Filipino bands on the boat, you could be in for worse horrors than just zombies...

And if it's captained by the Captain of the Costa Titanica, I think a bad band will be the least of your worries.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Better to go with a private yacht - No need for a huge crew that could potentially be carrying the virus that way, limit the number of people you take to a small figure, that way, if anybody is carrying, you have more chance of dealing with it :D

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member

Very, very off-topic, but it all started here in this thread...

Spoiler
Think you can opt out of Google Analytics? Think again...
http://cynic.me/2012...opt-out-is-bullshit/

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
According to the "Zombie Survival Guide", forget about firearms in the fight against the undead and instead go for edged weapons. Reason: The supply of firearms will eventually diminish and dry up while knives, swords, axes, etc. will be effective much longer due to not needing any ammunition. Plus people trained strictly in firearms may not be prepared when they must use blades.

Amazing, the amount of thought people actually put into surviving in the time of zombies!

Jim

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And also don't call out for Kool-Aid  ;D

http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=ktmYHre8F6E

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And also don't call out for Kool-Aid  ;D

http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=ktmYHre8F6E

O_o ...Well that certainly takes wrong to a whole new level ... I like it.  :Thmbsup: