Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 17, 2014, 07:36:45 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Survival Tricks for When the Zombie Apocalypse Hits :: Lifehacker  (Read 9601 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:38:26 AM »

Zombie apocalypse is always a fascinating (albeit fictional) subject. Lifehacker rehashes some of its best tips to survive a zombie onslaught for a list of "top ten" tips.

Over the years, we've shared a ton of tips for keeping yourself safe and healthy during an emergency. Here are some of our favorite clever survival tricks.

Okay, so these hacks aren't exclusive to zombie-related emergencies, but let's be honest: it's the one disaster we all know is inevitable. Regardless of the emergency at hand, these tips can keep you alive when disaster strikes.

http://lifehacker.com/582...he-zombie-apocalypse-hits

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »

reminiscent of Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention smiley
which was posted by josh here a while back

Tom
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »

Wouldn't it be fun if this article was posted 'just when we needed it'  Grin
4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:06 AM »

I use 'Danger! 50,000 Zombies!' as my bible when it comes to zombies.

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 05:50:27 AM »

Wouldn't it be fun if this article was posted 'just when we needed it'  Grin

tellme huh

Not really. I don't ever want there to be a zombie apocalypse.

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »

I've got an abbreviated manual of my own. It's on a 3x5 card.

It says:

Having an ok plan plus a FN SCAR-H/Mk.17-CQC:

+OK PLAN

is an  infinitely better than having a brilliant plan

and no FN SCAR-H/Mk.17-CQC!

------

A good friend of mine suggests this as an alternative:

Thmbsup

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:19:56 AM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »

Not really. I don't ever want there to be a zombie apocalypse.

I do, at least you always know where you stand with a zombie.

Unlike the current human population of this planet, all a zombie wants to do is rip your head off and eat you.

A good friend of mine suggests this as an alternative:
 (see attachment in previous post)
 Thmbsup

I've never thought that a chainsaw is a good choice, considering the amount of blood you'd end up with over you, you stand a good chance of contracting the zombification virus....plus 2-stroke engines have an annoying habit of not firing up just when you need them most.

I think a Atchisson Assault Shotgun with 32 round rotary mags would be a better choice.

Also, never underestimate the effect of a well made molotov.

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:36:35 PM »

I wonder how quick would be Europe* gone in comparison to to USA…

*) Except CH where you can own a gun without special magic.

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »

I think a Atchisson Assault Shotgun with 32 round rotary mags would be a better choice.

That get's my vote!
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »

This is a booking photo (I swiped off a news site) of a woman that attacked a guy in Datona Beach with a molotov cocktail.

I can't look at it without laughing (for an hour). Talk about the ultimate poster-child for flat out nutz.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 12:18:16 AM »

This is a booking photo (I swiped off a news site) of a woman that attacked a guy in Datona Beach with a molotov cocktail. (see attachment in previous post)

I can't look at it without laughing (for an hour). Talk about the ultimate poster-child for flat out nutz.

That photo just screams "They are coming, and they are not pleased, What has been seen, cannot be unseen"

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »

Some of my favorite zombie quotes:

"They're coming to get you Barbara!"
    - Johnny, Night of the Living Dead (1968)

"I don't know what's happening to me. I'm not alive. I'm not dead. I'm just...I'm just so lonely."
    - Julie, Return of the Living Dead 3 (1993)

"If we hole up I want to be somewhere familiar, I want to know where the exits are, and I want to be allowed to smoke."
    - Ed, Shaun of the Dead (2004)

"Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills get up and kill."
    - Doctor on newscast, Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Night of the Living Dead- Original - 1968:

Johnny (in a creepy voice):  They're coming to get you, Barbara!
Barbara:     Stop it! You're ignorant!
Johnny:     They're coming for you, Barbara!
Barbara:     Stop it! You're acting like a child!
Johnny:     They're coming for you!
[Points to the cemetery zombie]
Johnny:     Look, there comes one of them now!
Barbara:    He'll hear you!
Johnny:     Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!

(Of course immediately after Johnny's last line there, he utters his REAL last line, which was something like, "Aaaarrrghhhh". Ah, the good old days of cinema!)

Jim

J-Mac
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »

Burt Wilson: I thought you said if we destroyed the brain, it'd die!
Frank: It worked in the movie!
Burt Wilson: Well, it ain't working now, Frank!
Freddy: You mean the movie lied?

app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 04:17:47 AM »

This hilarious movie has too many quotes to list and it would probably spoil the enjoyment, but this is my favorite:

“Dude, your mom just ate her own eye.”

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7fudSMOva4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7fudSMOva4</a>

rgdot
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

* Capture.PNG (185.64 KB, 676x283 - viewed 94 times.)
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »

Except CH where you can own a gun without special magic

A little off the topic of the undead, but I was under the impression that in Switzerland you had to get a special exemption to *not* own a gun.
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

I thought that the weapon of choice was going to be portable computers:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfQ_B6_xy8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfQ_B6_xy8</a>

4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »

Cool!  Good to know I'll get some shooting practice in where I'm living  Grin

They seem to have missed listing a gunsmith in my area though.......oh well, the less people who know about him, the more ammo for me!

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »

That's excellent! smiley

Cool!  Good to know I'll get some shooting practice in where I'm living  Grin

They seem to have missed listing a gunsmith in my area though.......oh well, the less people who know about him, the more ammo for me!

I'm counting about 5 gun shops in Melbourne on that map.

Except CH where you can own a gun without special magic

A little off the topic of the undead, but I was under the impression that in Switzerland you had to get a special exemption to *not* own a gun.

Hahahahah~! Grin

When I was a kid, you could buy guns at the local K-Mart.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »

When the apocalypse comes I'll be sure of a ready supply of ammo from the knowledgeable people at:

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

When the apocalypse comes I'll be sure of a ready supply of ammo from the knowledgeable people at:
 (see attachment in previous post)

Its amazing how many fellow Doconians have zombie apocalypse plans!  Myself, I have a detailed plan of how to secure the huge indoor market thats very close to my home, and contains enough supplies to last for quite awhile in such a situation, and very very easy to secure.  That, and the gun shop in the adjacent town...that will come in handy tongue

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 11:07:35 PM »

Myself, I have a detailed plan of how to secure the huge indoor market thats very close to my home, and contains enough supplies to last for quite awhile in such a situation, and very very easy to secure.

You've just made yourself a neon hi-vis target to every gun-toting, kill-happy, "I want what you've got!" freak.

I prefer stealthy......of course a Strykerw would help.

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »

In case of a Zombocalypse, my plan is to join the undead army.

It's best to be on the winning side. Thmbsup

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

In case of a Zombocalypse, my plan is to join the undead army.

It's best to be on the winning side. Thmbsup

Bwahahaha~! Grin

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 07:07:14 AM »

This is my Zombie Apocalypse weapon of choice.

I have no plans on becoming zombie food or infected, and thereby attacking my family, friends, or neighbors. Since attempting to survive a zombie apocalypse would be a futile endeavor, it only makes sense to have some control over how you die. The gun holds a single bullet, which is all I would need to ensure that I won't jeopardize the survival of the dummies that think they actually have a chance.

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.071s | Server load: 0.26 ]