Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 23, 2014, 02:32:21 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Survival Tricks for When the Zombie Apocalypse Hits :: Lifehacker  (Read 10608 times)
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »

This is my Zombie Apocalypse weapon of choice.

"It's both a medical device and a firearm"

Classic quote.
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

One of the most effective things for any potential combat, and certainly one of the most under-rated:

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
wr975
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »

One of the most effective things for any potential combat, and certainly one of the most under-rated:
 (see attachment in previous post)

Pretty effective against serial killers wearing a mask... but against Zombies? Depends on the "Zombie universe" you're in.

Slow walkers? No need to run. Just walk away and avoid them (as seen in "Night of the Walking Dead")
Fast Runners? Running away won't help. They'll never get tired.

I guess the best way to deal with a Zombie outbreak is hiding in a bomb shelter for some months, until the walking corpses decay. A gun with plenty of ammo is also a good idea, but don't forget a silencer. Zombies are usually attracted to noise. So shoot one zombie, and fifty others will hear you. A cordless nail gun could be a good idea. ;-)
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:22 AM »

* Deozaan looks at wr975's avatar.

I'm not sure I like the idea of taking advice from a zombie. Then again, I suppose you'd know best.

Renegade
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »

Pretty effective against serial killers wearing a mask... but against Zombies? Depends on the "Zombie universe" you're in.

Slow walkers? No need to run. Just walk away and avoid them (as seen in "Night of the Walking Dead")

I guess the best way to deal with a Zombie outbreak is hiding in a bomb shelter for some months, until the walking corpses decay. A gun with plenty of ammo is also a good idea, but don't forget a silencer. Zombies are usually attracted to noise. So shoot one zombie, and fifty others will hear you. A cordless nail gun could be a good idea. ;-)

The Zombies in "I Am Legend" were fast. Guess a better defense against them is this:

Though if there's one of those bad Filipino bands on the boat, you could be in for worse horrors than just zombies...

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 04:38:29 AM »

Shaun Of The Dead is worth watching for a few tips,
... and a few giggles Wink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfDUv3ZjH2k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfDUv3ZjH2k</a>

Tom
4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 04:52:47 AM »

The Zombies in "I Am Legend" were fast. Guess a better defense against them is this:

Hmm, just you and four thousand zombies on a ship...with no firearms....I'd watch that for a dollar!  tongue

Though if there's one of those bad Filipino bands on the boat, you could be in for worse horrors than just zombies...

And if it's captained by the Captain of the Costa Titanica, I think a bad band will be the least of your worries.

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »

Better to go with a private yacht - No need for a huge crew that could potentially be carrying the virus that way, limit the number of people you take to a small figure, that way, if anybody is carrying, you have more chance of dealing with it cheesy

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Renegade
Charter Member

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »

Very, very off-topic, but it all started here in this thread...

J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »

According to the "Zombie Survival Guide", forget about firearms in the fight against the undead and instead go for edged weapons. Reason: The supply of firearms will eventually diminish and dry up while knives, swords, axes, etc. will be effective much longer due to not needing any ammunition. Plus people trained strictly in firearms may not be prepared when they must use blades.

Amazing, the amount of thought people actually put into surviving in the time of zombies!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

And also don't call out for Kool-Aid  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktmYHre8F6E
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »

And also don't call out for Kool-Aid  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktmYHre8F6E

O_o ...Well that certainly takes wrong to a whole new level ... I like it.  Thmbsup
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.23 ]