topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Stop CISPA - Petition  (Read 4511 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Stop CISPA - Petition
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:10 AM »
Hello to all my lovely fellow DC'ers!

If you are interested, please sign this petition to help stop CISPA:

http://www.avaaz.org...orporate_global/?tta

CISPA is more draconian legislation to destroy the Internet as we know it. It will crush privacy, and eliminate free speech.

Even if you are not American, you can still sign. We need a strong and free America. If freedom and privacy are stamped out in the US, that will follow for all the rest of us, wherever we live.

Please take a moment to ask yourself if you support stopping CISPA, and if you do, please sign.

Thank you,

Ryan
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Stop CISPA - Petition
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:20 AM »
It's a whack-a-mole strategy trying to defeat these ongoing bills. Governments will keep sending them down the pike and they will pass under the guise of terrorism or some excuse. But politicians and judges know where the money is -- corporations -- and this is yet another example of corporations writing your laws. Are there any congressmen who are tech literate, or are we doomed to suffer the consequences of their ignorance?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00 AM »
Are there any congressmen who are tech literate, or are we doomed to suffer the consequences of their ignorance?

I suspect that even if they were tech literate, we'd be suffering the consequence of their indifference.
Tom

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:43 AM »
It's a whack-a-mole strategy trying to defeat these ongoing bills. Governments will keep sending them down the pike and they will pass under the guise of terrorism or some excuse. But politicians and judges know where the money is -- corporations -- and this is yet another example of corporations writing your laws. Are there any congressmen who are tech literate, or are we doomed to suffer the consequences of their ignorance?

Oh Oh Oh! I know this one!
http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Space_Invaders

Just change the name and the graphics! That would be a fun little retro-but-modern program!  ;D

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:50 AM »
Signed