ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I Find This HILARIOUS~! =D

<< < (4/6) > >>

Renegade:
I'm far from the first or only that's been saying it for several years now. And none who are, are laughing. My trend projections put the advent of full-bore fascism in the USA sometime between 2024 and 2050.
--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure I'd call it fascism, but that's splitting hairs. It would be disrespectful to the NSDAP (if that's possible). i.e. I know what you mean.

But certainly, +1 there.

rgdot:
Ultimately it comes down to thinking of others too when voting, when hacking, when doing whatever.

In all cases people are either selfish in regards to their pocket books...I want my neighbour and me to have access to health care but on voting day I vote for the lower taxes party.

Or selfish in regards to bringing people down. It might sound fine exposing a dictator or elected official but show me an example where normal people didn't suffer as much or more in the process.

Examples:

Like I posted elsewhere on DC hacking the CIA site doesn't affect the CIA head one bit, worst case he resigns and gets a job at a defense contractor.

The west wants to get rid of Ghaddafi but it's breaking news when his compound is bombed (if it is at all) bombs fall elsewhere and some hit military installations. Even if people aren't killed the institutions and infrastructure they depend on is gone.

on and on

nosh:
But pot? Jeez... Selling weed doesn't make you a bad person. Weed is hardly a serious problem
-Renegade (August 07, 2011, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

LMAO!! I didn't say pot dealers, half my friends smoke it. Come on, R... I think you know what I was getting at.;D
But just for the record: pot dealers are duly exempted.

Renegade:
Or selfish in regards to bringing people down. It might sound fine exposing a dictator or elected official but show me an example where normal people didn't suffer as much or more in the process.
-rgdot (August 07, 2011, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

What I think of there is how much suffering did the dictator/offical cause, and how much would they cause, and how does that compare to the suffering incurred by people caught in the cross-fire.

Yeah... It's sucky. But I just don't see any "perfect" way to deal with things. When you start shooting, innocent people get hit. What realistic option is there? Let the monsters rule?

Renegade:
But pot? Jeez... Selling weed doesn't make you a bad person. Weed is hardly a serious problem
-Renegade (August 07, 2011, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

LMAO!! I didn't say pot dealers, half my friends smoke it. Come on, R... I think you know what I was getting at.;D
But just for the record: pot dealers are duly exempted.
-nosh (August 07, 2011, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe~!

Sorry. I was just thinking about the general attitude towards drugs in the US. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version