ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Unstack Skwire's ClipTrap Output

(1/4) > >>

nkormanik:
I found a way to convert text files into Excel files.

So, now, getting back to Skwire's ClipTrap output....  I've copied many sets of data.  Each copy action, using ClipTrap, sends what's being copied to a temporary long text file.  Between these text file 'sets' is a delimiter -- I chose a series of equal signs.  Below is an example of the output held in ClipTrap after copying three sets of data:

set 1

=====

set 2

=====

set 3

=====

I need a way to 'unstack' this output, placing each set into a separate file.

Ideally the filenames would be the text label at the top of each set.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nicholas

skwire:
You could try saving that output to a file and then use my Chopping List application to split it.  It won't custom name the files like you want but, if you need that, I can write you a custom parser.

Target:
how is the conversion done? (depending on the answer it may be possible to process directly from the cliptrap file)

do they have to be Excel formatted?  CSV is a plain text alternative that is 'native' to Excel (and pretty much any other spreadsheeting app).

you might also consider processing the cliptrap file directly from Excel using a (VBA) macro

another alternative might be to use something other than cliptrap (I'm thinking of something that sends a copy of the current clipboard to a file)

nkormanik:
I'll look into Chopping List.  Thank you.

The file names are pretty important.  There will be around 200+ files resulting.  And I plan on doing that over and over many times.

As you have now allowed for custom delimiters in ClipTrap between copy 'sets' (if you remember, I requested that) that may provide some additional possibilities for making the output dividing easier.

nkormanik:
No longer have to worry about any conversion.  Output direct from ClipTrap is fine.

Just have to figure out how to break up and save the ClipTrap output.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version