ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Intelligence and Internet browsers

<< < (5/7) > >>

Renegade:
Just look at the economy. The folks that got us to where we are today all graduated with the highest of academic honors-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

But did they though? I always thought it was more likely that they were a combination of pretty stupid and very evil.
-Eóin (August 02, 2011, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? Stupid? What? It takes some serious brains to f**k stuff up that badly. Do you really think that some dumb Joe off the street could muck things up so badly? Hell no! That takes major talent!

On the other hand, you got the evil part right.

:P

(Sorry... I just couldn't resist that opportunity for some nutty political commentary! :P :D )

Stoic Joker:
The folks that got us to where we are today all graduated with the highest of academic honors - and rather less obviously - Apparently not an ounce of common sense among'em
-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to drift the thread, but that statement makes an implicit assumption that those folks have the same goals as 'the rest of us'.  The guy who makes a huge mess for everyone else, but ends up with millions (or billions) in his bank account, might not care so much about the mess.

-mwb1100 (August 02, 2011, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. The knowledge was power wielded un-wisely.

Which ultimately isn't very intelligent...despite the GPA. ;)

Eóin:
Huh? Stupid? What? It takes some serious brains to f**k stuff up that badly. Do you really think that some dumb Joe off the street could muck things up so badly? Hell no! That takes major talent!
-Renegade (August 02, 2011, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Honestly? I just don't know, personally I find it very hard to believe these where academically intelligent i.e. the sort of intelligence this thread is largely dissing. However I do imagine they were very socially and emotionally intelligent, the type of intelligence this thread is praising.

But then my musings on it are no more proof than anyone elses, what we need here are more pretty graphs of IQ results, and maybe some EQ results too :D

Tuxman:
Intelligence, while most internet users are declared dumb and patronized?
(An example: Google trying to "know" what the user wants instead of just returning search results, all Google users have different search results for the same query, and so on.)

Eóin:
Seems the original story was faked: BBC - Internet Explorer story was bogus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version