ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Intelligence and Internet browsers

<< < (4/7) > >>

tomos:
But honestly, simply dismissing the sort of academic intelligence that an IQ test measures as "one of the minor and more unimportant intelligences in Real Life!" is a bit arrogant.
-Eóin (August 02, 2011, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I dont know if I'd go that far (naming this type of intelligence as "one of the minor and more unimportant intelligences in Real Life!") but I would agree with Curt that it is overrated, to the extent that all other aspects of our selves are commonly considered unimportant, or even "primitive", with all the negative implications that the modern use of that word conveys.

oops, Curt got there ahead of me :)

edit/ changed the tone a bit
OG postI dont know if I'd go that far (naming this type of intelligence as "one of the minor and more unimportant intelligences in Real Life!") but I would certainly agree with Curt that it is very overrated, to the extent that other aspects of our intelligence and person are commonly considered unimportant, or "primitive" - with all the implications that the modern use of that word conveys....

Stoic Joker:
Just look at the economy. The folks that got us to where we are today all graduated with the highest of academic honors - and rather less obviously - Apparently not an ounce of common sense among'em

5 Apples - 100 Apples = A Profit How???

Renegade:
5 Apples - 100 Apples = A Profit How???
-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of my IQ test for people:

If you have 2i apples, how many apples do you have?

AnswerNone. They're imaginary. :P

mwb1100:
The folks that got us to where we are today all graduated with the highest of academic honors - and rather less obviously - Apparently not an ounce of common sense among'em
-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to drift the thread, but that statement makes an implicit assumption that those folks have the same goals as 'the rest of us'.  The guy who makes a huge mess for everyone else, but ends up with millions (or billions) in his bank account, might not care so much about the mess.

Eóin:
Just look at the economy. The folks that got us to where we are today all graduated with the highest of academic honors-Stoic Joker (August 02, 2011, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

But did they though? I always thought it was more likely that they were a combination of pretty stupid and very evil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version