Ok, so I got irssi with blowssi 0.2 running under MacOS X Lion (10.7).
In case anyone else is interested here are the steps I did to get it running:
1. Install XCode from the App Store and Java (i'm not sure if Java is really needed, but I was asked to install it while installing Homebrew)
2. Install Homebrew:
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/gist/323731
3. Install irssi:
brew install irssi
(this should end with an error (cannot write to directory /Library/...) due to an unfixed issue..see next step for a workaround)
4. Fix irssi installation (for details see: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/5538
brew install https://raw.github.com/AndrewVos/homebrew/master/Library/Formula/irssi.rb
5. irssi installation is done! To test it just type "irssi"
1. Download the script from: http://linkerror.com/blowssi.cgi?section=download;lang=en
2. Extract it and the two archive files inside (Crypt-ircDH1080-0.01.tar.gz and Crypt-ircBlowfish-1.0.zip)
3. Do the following steps to install the needed perl dependencies:
sudo cpan -i Crypt::Blowfish
sudo cpan -i Crypt::CBC
sudo cpan -i MIME:Base64
sudo cpan -i Crypt::Random
sudo cpan -i Digest::SHA
4. Make/Install Crypt-ircBlowfish:
sudo make install
5. Make/Install Crypt-ircDH1080:
make test (Skip this, it produces an error but the installation works flawless though)
sudo make install
6. Install the blowssi script:
cp blowssi.pl /Users/<username>/.irssi/scripts/ (you may need to create the directory first)
7. Start irssi and load the script with "/load /Users/<username>/.irssi/scripts/blowssi.pl"
8. Set your keys and enjoy CBC-blowfish encrypted chats!
Thanks to the author of blowssi for this script!
(In case you are reading this: it would be nice if it would be possible to encrypt and decrypt channel topics!)