topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: HowTo remove IE9 ???  (Read 2745 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
HowTo remove IE9 ???
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:58 AM »
My girlfriend is having some troubles with Internet Explorer 9's toolbars. She can't understand what the browser is telling her, because she has the English version, so now she wants me to replace it with the Danish version. Piece of a cake, I said. Ha! Little did I know.

I won't make this a post about the offence it is not to be able to remove Internet Explorer. But really...., what were they thinking? And when IE first was launched, the link did not warn and say "This version is not in your language, and you may have keep it until version 10", but just said it was an important improvement.

The core of the problem is that the Danish version is "older" than the English version, and always will be, so it is impossible to install on top of the English one. So, what do I do to help the helpless lady? I mean, regarding replacing the English Internet Explorer 9 with a Danish version?

Please?  :tellme:

32-bits Vista.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: HowTo remove IE9 ???
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:04 AM »
oh, how important it is to use the right words when searching...  :-[

edited:
and to enable "show updates"

To uninstall Internet Explorer

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:07 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: HowTo remove IE9 ???
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:52 AM »
the installation failed!!!  :(

Move Back to Start...