ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A tad paranoid when it comes to installing software?

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
Your purposeful *Le Click*2 on the main checkbox has been accepted.
This dialog box is meaningless now.
Thank you for choosing NCH Herpa Derp!
-nosh (July 31, 2011, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hilarious!  And I wouldn't put it past them.

dhuser:
Me too, I do it also

kyrathaba:
The only software I'm usually not paranoid about installing is software recommended by multiple DC members.

justice:
Who ever thinks this is a good idea, to make people more paranoid about installing (your) software.

Renegade:
Who ever thinks this is a good idea, to make people more paranoid about installing (your) software.
-justice (August 01, 2011, 05:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point.

I certainly don't want people to be scared to install my software, but then again, I program in .NET, which lets me be minimally intrusive with ease. I like the XCOPY model.

It's the C++/Delphi crowd that scares me. Installing things into system folders and all that...

I don't like my system modified. Too much software does that, and especially in the multimedia area.

Then there's the security area and the the authoring tool circuit... Drivers, etc. etc.

I'm more willing to trust a small developer than a large dev house for the simple reason that large dev houses can afford to create bigger messes.

Still, with the entire "uncheck everything" paranoia, I'm on board. I uncheck it all because even if they're not being dicks, they could still be incompetent. Cover all bases. So that they still belong to you. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version