Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 28, 2014, 06:20:30 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: It's official: IE users are dumb as a bag of hammers  (Read 2817 times)
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »

Seems the original story was faked: BBC - Internet Explorer story was bogus.

Original post below...

Thought this was a hilarious survey result -

"There was a clear indication ... that the subjects using any version of Internet Explorer ranked significantly lower on an average than others"

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:09:12 AM by EĆ³in » Logged

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
worstje
Honorary Member

The Gent with the White Hat

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »

I have always known I am special. cheesy Go Opera!
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:36:12 PM »

People who use IE with the Chrome Frame extension score higher than people who use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari? huh

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »

People who use IE with the Chrome Frame extension score higher than people who use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari? huh
That'd probably be people who are forced to use IE at work, but who are smart enough to be able to install such a plugin and subvert company IT policy? smiley

- carpe noctem
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »

I have always known I am special. cheesy Go Opera!

+1

Yeeha~! Grin

Opera rocks!

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »

I am not sure what to think of the test result, because I am clearly too dumb for Internet Explorer! So I guess I am in the same league as pets or tin cans or something alike?
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »

Seems the original story was faked: BBC - Internet Explorer story was bogus.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
dashing
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »

I just take it as a joke.
daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »

I just take it as a joke.

Right, it seems like something the Journal of Irreproducible Results would do. (Sadly there is almost no online content, but the graph is nice.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:40:52 PM by daddydave » Logged
db90h
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Member

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »

While amusing, it is a bit insulting .. also, IE has come a long way lately. Dunno if you've given a chance in recent versions, but they finally got the brilliant idea of disabling all those tollbars by default and letting users be more aware of the add-ons. It isn't as bad as it used to be. I'm with Chrome myself ATM, though am getting a bit tired of it, and considering going back to Firefox. For mobile platforms, nothing seems to beat Opera Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.05 ]