ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Child board set up for discounts and deals found on the web

<< < (2/4) > >>

Scott:
I've long felt that I was the only person on earth who'd never used ebay, and probably never would.  Oh well.

Dragonrider:
No nudie (looking good Scott  :) )...  I too haven't used ebay & probably never will.  I'm still not comfortable putting financial info. or conducting transactions on the internet.  I keep pretty close tabs on security stuff on the net & have never grown comfortable with it.

Regards
Dragonrider

Carol Haynes:
I have had nothing but good experiences buying and selling (just a few time) via eBay. You just have to be sensible about who you do business with and what you buy. I am always wary of people selling DVDs and CDs because there is so much pirated stuff for sale, but there are also lots of reputable individuals and businesses.

I don't know about other parts of the world but PayPal in Europe now is a regulated financial company - which certainly makes it feel a good deal more secure.

Looks like eBay sellers are going to get a shock though. If you are in the UK see "Ebay: Money for Old Rope. BBC2. 19th September , 10pm. Could the internet auction site be under threat from the taxman?" or have a look at http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/tax-advice/income-tax/article.html?in_article_id=403156&in_page_id=77&ct=5

Heck I have even met a few people via eBay ;) (through personal deliveries and collections).

NewsAndHistory:
Thanks for sharing, Mouser. I appreciate your help.

MilesAhead:
So any kind of special offers or discounts relating to software are acceptable in that section (and only that section).
--- End quote ---

Just to clarify.. if I have a legally obtained freebie(such as a license) is it okay to post an invitation to swap?  Something like "I have this.  PM me to swap if you have that."  It's likely to be a one shot thing.  I don't foresee dozens of people gifting me licenses in the future.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version