Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 06:48:06 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Flash TD Game of the Month: Kingdom Rush  (Read 10000 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »

It's a been a long time since I featured as Tower Defense Game in this spot -- but not for lack of looking.

By way of the excellent JayIsGames site, Dora brings us news of a terrific new flash tower defense game called Kingdom Rush.  Dora has a great review it so i'll just send you over to her review.

Analysis: Kingdom Rush is an absolute gem of a defense game, and probably one of the best examples of the genre to date. Not only does it look and sound fantastic, but the gameplay confidently strides that invisible line between being too complicated and just strategic enough for players to really sink their teeth into.

from http://jayisgames.com/arc.../2011/07/kingdom_rush.php
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »

That's a cool one, very fun to play  Thmbsup

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:09:35 AM »

Be very careful of this game.. it gets seriously addictive and difficult.. with a constant supply of new things that make it impossible to stop playing.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »

Just finished the game (on easy):

Every aspiring TD game maker should study this TD -- one of the best i've played.  Best part was there was always some new tower or enemy to discover from start to end.

And I normally don't like TD games where you have to do manual clicking for some weapons, but this game had a great balance of that.

The only missing component was the ability to influence the path taken by enemies..

Overall a truly great TD game  thumbs up
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:26:34 PM »

That's good game. So I closed the window after an hour or so. smiley

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 05:27:42 AM »

thumbs up I wish i could download that for offline play.
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »

It's almost 20 MB -- nasty for a browser...

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »

Save it: http://cache.armorgames.c...es/kingdom-rush-12141.swf

Strength in Knowledge
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

I've been avoiding reading this thread until I had a PC capable of playing this game, but I noticed so many posts here that I figured it would show up on my unread feed again if I took a peek at it now.

The graphical style of that screenshot looks like/reminds me of PixelJunk Monstersw for the PlayStation 3, which is a TD game I always intended to buy since I really liked the demo but for some reason never have.

Anyway that's about all I can add to the discussion right now since I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »

When I try that the swf doesn't seem to play Sad

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »

I finally played it and completed the first four levels and a couple challenge modes. It is a really fun game!

Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »

Damn you Mouser! This game has now eaten too many hours of my life.

Playing on Normal difficulty and have met J.T. - tried to beat the level 3 times so far and failed, despite having 3 gold stars on every level to date.

Grrrr... Away from home now and didn't take my cookie with me, so shan't be able to continue until next week.
kilele
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »

Thanks for this recommendation!! I'm in love with this evil vicious game. Hope they can develop a pc version. Here you can find the forum that the game developers have just run for their games.
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/index.php
rmorrison100
Participant

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »

Thanks!
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 06:23:58 AM »

Finally back home and rediscovered Kingdom Rush in my browser window.

Finished the game on Normal difficulty - yay! hooray!

A very polished game which could easily have been a retail product.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.01 ]