ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Edit Text Anywhere with Your Favorite Editor [Freeware]

<< < (5/7) > >>

nosh:
[Deleted]

cyberdiva:
Edit: if there's on thing that's annoying is browser crash in the middle of an edit. :(
-MilesAhead (July 29, 2011, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've stopped worrying about browser crashes since I started using the Firefox add-on Lazarus.  I never have to think about summoning up my text editor to be sure I don't lose what I'm writing--if something goes wrong, I just retrieve the missing text from Lazarus.  It's my favorite add-on.  However, if I were using a browser in which Lazarus didn't work (e.g., Opera), I'd definitely look into Edit Text Anywhere.

rjbull:
I never have to think about summoning up my text editor to be sure I don't lose what I'm writing--if something goes wrong, I just retrieve the missing text from Lazarus.-cyberdiva (August 09, 2011, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's not just crash proofing.  One of the great things about TEA is that you conveniently get your favourite editor to edit your posts with, so you can use macros, shorthands, whatever.

cyberdiva:
It's not just crash proofing.  One of the great things about TEA is that you conveniently get your favourite editor to edit your posts with, so you can use macros, shorthands, whatever.
-rjbull (August 09, 2011, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's a good point.  However, I tend not to use my text editor for most messages that I write with a browser.  Mostly what I write in Firefox are forum posts, responses to blogs, etc.  I don't tend to need macros, etc. for that.  I'm usually content with whatever input mechanism the forum or blog provides, which often includes things I can't do with my favorite text editor, UltraEdit, such as use colors, bold, etc.  So I guess what I'm saying is that for me, the Lazarus add-on provides the one thing I really need: backup in case my message goes poof.

MilesAhead:
It's not just crash proofing.� One of the great things about TEA is that you conveniently get your favourite editor to edit your posts with, so you can use macros, shorthands, whatever.
-rjbull (August 09, 2011, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's a good point.� However, I tend not to use my text editor for most messages that I write with a browser.� Mostly what I write in Firefox are forum posts, responses to blogs, etc.� I don't tend to need macros, etc. for that.� I'm usually content with whatever input mechanism the forum or blog provides, which often includes things I can't do with my favorite text editor, UltraEdit, such as use colors, bold, etc.� So I guess what I'm saying is that for me, the Lazarus add-on provides the one thing I really need: backup in case my message goes poof.
-cyberdiva (August 09, 2011, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

What keeps me from using a full fledged editor with spell check and yadda yadda is the word wrap.  If I put in carriage returns it's going to be messed up in the board post.  Better to use something designed for forum posting like BBCEditor. It's suprising how few(or maybe I just haven't sampled enough apps) free editors have spell check and easy to enable/disable word wrap, not to mention forum tags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version