ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Edit Text Anywhere with Your Favorite Editor [Freeware]

<< < (3/7) > >>

cranioscopical:
Can one set a different key combination? (I have no Windows key.)-cranioscopical (July 28, 2011, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I checked cranioscopical and it is in the options for hotkey.-hamradio
--- End quote ---

Yes, you can set your own hot key in Options.-Channing (July 28, 2011, 11:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

My thanks to you both  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
It takes some getting used to, but I think it's quite useful :Thmbsup:
-Ath (July 29, 2011, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Much easier once I set bbc to the top of the list. :)

Edit: if there's on thing that's annoying is browser crash in the middle of an edit. :(

Ath:
Much easier once I set bbc to the top of the list. :)
-MilesAhead (July 29, 2011, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I did too :D

Channing:
How does this works? Some kind of DDE? SendMessage?
-AbteriX (July 29, 2011, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
In most situations it will use clipboard for better compatibility since SendMessage only work with standard controls (e.g. it's impossible to use SendMessage to get/set text for a text area on a webpage).

rjbull:
I know that feature to use your editor to modify an edit box from an firefox plugin
and the multiple choice of editors from Total Commander, but this edit text anywhere is great.
I just try it with XYplorer run script dialog to have better edit features.-AbteriX (July 29, 2011, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

@AbteriX: Do you have a recent version of Channing's Listary as well?  If so, try loading Total Commander and XYplorer together, but with different active directories.  Next load a text editor and open its File Open dialog.  Then Alt-Tab between the File Open dialog and the two file managers - and watch how the File Open dialog changes  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version