ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to deal with syncing multiple versions of a file from multiple sources?

<< < (2/5) > >>

superboyac:
Seems like SVN is the most popular choice here...

superboyac:
Bazaar is looking appealing to me.  It seems to have a nice GUI.  All the others are very command line-ish, which I hate.

kyrathaba:
Haven't checked out Bazaar.  May be great, dunno.  I have worked with SVN using TortoiseSVN (FOSS).  Even I was able to get up to speed on it in a few minutes' time, so you should find it a quick-study, should you choose to go that route.

Stoic Joker:
Once you start getting too many versions of a fine it's almost worse than losing said file. As it becomes an ordeal to figure out which is the correct latest file - With the changes you're looking for.

I'd prefer to keep it simple and leverage the  previous version feature that is already built into Windows.

superboyac:
Once you start getting too many versions of a fine it's almost worse than losing said file. As it becomes an ordeal to figure out which is the correct latest file - With the changes you're looking for.

I'd prefer to keep it simple and leverage the  previous version feature that is already built into Windows.
-Stoic Joker (July 29, 2011, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, i don't plan on doing this with all files.  There are certain files that I will be regularly modifying both at home, at work, and on the run (think a notetaking application that captures clips of stuff you come across).  So I need a way to handle that with the minimal amount of manual tuning.  Let's say I added some notes to a database on my USB drive, then I go home and capture a couple of notes on the desktop...then I remember I had a couple of new ones on the USB...how do I combine everything?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version