ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bitdefender Total Security , IS or AV for only $9,95

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jibz:
Btw, for anyone ordering it, on the last page you accept that they enable auto-renewal (i.e. they automatically bill you every year from now on). If you are not interested in this, make sure you log into the control panel thingy as described, and disable it :Thmbsup:.

NigelH:
It appears the clock starts ticking on the license only after it's activated.
Might be worthwhile to buy more than 1 copy.
Of course, who knows what might happen (detection wise etc) in future releases.
Perhaps the 2012 version will still be useful in 2012/2013

Edit:
I did get a copy of the Agnitum Outpost competitive upgrade offer (used Norton), so perhaps I need not bother with a second.

Edit2 :
Btw, for anyone ordering it, on the last page you accept that they enable auto-renewal (i.e. they automatically bill you every year from now on). If you are not interested in this, make sure you log into the control panel thingy as described, and disable it :Thmbsup:.
-Jibz (July 29, 2011, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Jibz, did not spot that - thanks for the tip.
PS: control panel is at Avangate.

iphigenie:
I have been using bitdefender for the last 4 or 5 years.

Typically a code for one version of the program remains valid/"activatable" for new versions - so if you buy multiple codes and dont activate them, based on past experience you should be able to activate it in a year. I had bought 2008/2009 boxes for my parents, which werent used, and i used the codes for myself in 2010.

oblivion:
Although the offer's expired, they've extended a special pricing deal to August 7. ($9.95 for AV, add $10 for IS, add another $10 for TS.)

For what it's worth, I tried the AV product a year ago and hated it so much I removed it. (My license has only just expired, apparently.) However, that was an underpowered XP machine that I no longer own... I have NOD32 on my desktop machine and MSE on the netbook; am debating trying the AV product on the netbook. I have a few days to think about it... :)

iphigenie:
I just checked - at the moment I have 5 PCs on bitdefender, 3 on a "total security 2011" which i bought around xmas, and 2 on an "internet security 2009" which I bought in 2009 but hadnt used (i'd grabbed a couple boxes in a deal somewhere and one was meant for my parents but never used). The PCs on the 2009 license code are happily running IS2011, and I am pretty sure that if I install the 2012 it will still happily run. So it can be bought in advance and used later, typically. Note that a 3 PC version will tick down as soon as you put the first PC on it, though

it is unclear to me what the difference remains between "internet security" and "total security" in the 2012 edition - file delete, encryption, tune up (there is a check-optimize which is in both TS and IS 2011 and not as dumb as it sounds, but not sure what tune-up is meant to be) and 2Gb back up (pff). The difference in price is not much for 3PCs but it also seems to be extras that one already has elsewhere, most of us (Note that BD also has a "master control" option where a central PC can oversee other PCs in the home/home office network. Some of these functions might be more valuable in such a scenario)

PS: the PCs I have on it are a mix of XP 32 bit, windows 7 32 bit and windows 7 64bit.

PPS: the program is not as fast as, say, Eset used to be (havent tried it recently), it's a little on the slow side but doesnt cause too much load in that. Game mode and laptop mode are ok. It does work and it is cheap compared to nearly any other product with the same kind of security track record.
Note: The program is VERY disk space hungry, easily 1Gb or more. I think it keeps a file signature database for heuristic detection, and it keeps many versions of it... that's probably configurable somewhere

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version