Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 06:48:31 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My PHP/MySQL Self-Teaching Initiative  (Read 1715 times)
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »

Hello,

I have to start somewhere and after looking things over and reading what was said elsewhere I am going to follow a "Quadruple Threat..." 

@ Book - I already have a good solid Sam's book (800+ pages) on raw PHP & MySQL, so I'm going to work through it.
@ CakePHP - a framework noted for being "beginner-friendly."
@ CodeIgniter - another framework which makes the same claim, but has a different perspective than CakePHP.
@ Yii - Mouser, who's opinion I hold in high regard, has really been up on this framework, so it has to be tried!

Given my noob status on PHP/MySQL and having all my time free, I think I will find a good benefit in working with all four of these pathways concurrently, i.e., each task suggested in one resource will be duplicated in the other three as much as possible.  Sure it will take me four times as long, but hopefully I will learn it twice as good. Wink

I do not expect I will stay with all four resources for the duration.  I expect somewhere along the way I will develop a natural affinity for the one(s) which fits me best.

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »

I wish you 'bon voyage' on your new and exciting journey Thmbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.16 ]