ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Apps vs. MS Office 365: Your Choice

<< < (4/5) > >>

JavaJones:
Zoho has an incredibly broad range of services. Those I've used are pretty darn good. They had much more advanced online app capability than Google for a long time and that is probably still the case. Nevermind Office 365, it's a "cloud augmented" solution, not really a total cloud solution at present (the online versions of the Office apps are pretty crap in most cases).

Stoic, bummer about your admin nightmare. Thing is my org has been on GApps for a couple years now, virtually no problems or downtime, nothing like the headache you describe. And of course you can find many similar nightmare stories but for Exchange. So, bad luck maybe, but I don't think either Exchange or GApps is fundamentally flawed. The sheer number of people successfully using both is a pretty solid argument against that being the case.

- Oshyan

mahesh2k:
Funny commercial ad from MS against Gmail/Google Apps -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrkAuwaoFGg

:P

Renegade:
Funny commercial ad from MS against Gmail/Google Apps -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrkAuwaoFGg

:P
-mahesh2k (August 05, 2011, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very cute!

Did anyone notice that the office he walks into is Contoso Ltd?

db90h:
That video has nothing to do with Google Docs. It is about Gmail. I am not sure their advertising is the same in Google Docs as it is Gmail, though maybe I'm wrong. I've never noticed ads in Google Docs. Don't see any now.

A better comparison would be between the interfaces. The frustrating thing about Google Docs is the usability of its interface. It just isn't as easy as Office, period. It does have its advantages, but its user interface isn't one -- at least not yet.

mahesh2k:
That is one video out of series of videos from Office365 which takes shot on Google docs. I found one with gmail so posted here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version