topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Firefox navigation ... (update: problem solved)  (Read 2589 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Firefox navigation ... (update: problem solved)
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Problem has now been solved
-----------------

Once more I have been given a weird problem. This time it is with Firefox only. And even more weird: it is no matter what Firefox version I am using; 3, 4, or 5, Safe Mode/All AddOns Disabled, or not!

The navigation hotkeys have gone missing from my keyboard when I use Firefox. PgUp/PgDn and Arrow up/down/right/left are all out of order; they do nothing, no "fast scrolling" (or what you call it). But it is only when dealing with Firefox; with every other program and in every other situation the keyboard is working normal as it is supposed to.

It has taken me some days to test all combinations I could think of, (including removal of the latest new programs and updates), except for the total removal of Firefox, and I still don't have any idea what have gone wrong. Can "you" think of a reason and/or a solution, please?
 :tellme:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:47 PM by Curt »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Firefox navigation keys missing. Help needed!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:15 PM »
There are a few settings in Advanced/Accessibility that talk about arrow keys and typing/searching (no screenshot, non-English FF here), are they wrongly set perhaps?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Firefox navigation keys missing. Help needed!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:39 PM »
-yes!   :Thmbsup:

The setting is working opposite from what I was interpreting it to mean.
I don't remember to have changed it.

Thank you!  :up: