topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 4:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SoftMaker Office 2010 20% off until July 31  (Read 2300 times)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SoftMaker Office 2010 20% off until July 31
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:23 AM »
SoftMaker, a German company that makes an excellent, lower-priced alternative to Microsoft Office, is offering a 20% discount on SoftMaker Office 2010 (versions for Windows and for Linux) through the end of July.  Normally, SoftMaker Office sells for $79.95, but through the end of July the price is $63.95.  The 20% discount is actually on all SoftMaker's products, which I think includes upgrades.  Thus, if you've taken advantage of the opportunity to get SoftMaker Office 2008 (currently offered for free!), you can upgrade to the current version for $31.95.

If you are a teacher or student, you can qualify for SoftMaker's academic pricing--SoftMaker Office 2010 is available to teachers and students for $34.95 or €29.95.  I'm not sure, but I think the 20% discount may even apply to this price.

I've been using SoftMaker Office (primarily TextMaker, their alternative to MS Word) for a while now, and I'm very pleased.  I was never all that proficient with MS Office, so I probably can't describe the differences between MS and SoftMaker--except for the price  :) .  I can say that I went the route I describe above, first getting the 2008 version for free and then a while later taking advantage of a sale to upgrade to SoftMaker Office 2010 at a reduced price.  I did so because the 2010 version handles .docx files, whereas I think the 2008 version does not.  I find I can make and read and edit MS Office files very well in SoftMaker Office.