ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mac OS Lion opinions

(1/4) > >>

hpearce:
I installed Lion the first day available and am still waiting for articles on it thru my RSS feeds ... surprisingly, I have gotten just 1 so far.

I am giving the natural scroll gesture feature a try, at least for the moment , where scroll-down = gesture-up.

I do not like the fact that scroll bars are missing until u start a gesture to begin with.

The new ability to change the window size from the sides as in windows seems a good feature, but in max mode it can sometimes interfere with the scrollbar use.. in windows, you are not able to easily change the window size when maximized.

Other than those three things... I guess I am basically satisfied so far .

Eóin:
I don't know anything about it myself, but since you mention you're short on reviews/articles here is one you may not have come across - The Register - Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Part One.

hpearce:
The link mentions the fact that the install APP self-deletes after install with no prior mention AFAIK that this is what would happen.  I should add that to my disappointments too.

Luckily I cloned my drive after the download but before the install so I had a backup.  :D

I found a post on how to burn it to DVD, which I did using one of the files within the APP install "file". I also copied it back to my primary boot drive so that the next time I clone, I will have it on my hard drive too.

Deozaan:
The link mentions the fact that the install APP self-deletes after install with no prior mention AFAIK that this is what would happen.  I should add that to my disappointments too.-hpearce (July 24, 2011, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

:o :huh:

Imagine if Microsoft made the installation DVD self-destruct after installing Windows... Seriously Apple, what the smurf is that all about?

Renegade:
There are 2 words that never occur in the same sentence in Cupertino: backward compatibility.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/236419/adobe_software_breaks_down_on_mac_os_x_lion.html

Known issues in Lion affect Adobe software such as Acrobat, Adobe Drive, Contribute, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash Builder, Flash Catalyst, Flash Player, Lightroom, LiveCycle, Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
--- End quote ---

I wonder if Apple is purposefully trying to sabotage Adobe...

Adobe doesn't suggest any deliberate attempt by Apple to cripple Adobe products on Lion
--- End quote ---

But I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing.

I won't be upgrading for a while. Once I start Mac development again, then I'll look at it. However, for now, it just doesn't make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version