ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any Software that would record the Activity in a PC !

(1/3) > >>

hulkbuster:
     Hello ,
                 i am looking for such kind of software that at the Startup of Windows, would record everything i.e., the folder i browsed through
            the program i installed, uninstalled, the site i visited, the amount of time the PC was ON and Switched off. It can be freeware as well as any Commercial  program. 

Lately my PC is being used by friends and, during that time: BSOD occcured at least 5 times a day, although i re-inserted the RAM and IDE snug at its place and that event hasn't taken place, but sometimes a small  bip.... can be heard and the PC stalls : at this time the running program stops responding, then i have to go for a hard reset.

It could be a hardware failure, not to mention this is only 6 months old PC, and i wouldn't know who have done something stupid with the PC configuration ,  hence i was thinking may be a program would run in the background and keep track of all the activities ,  no matter who ever is sitting in front of the PC.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Renegade:
Have you looked into key-loggers? I'm sure something in that area would have comprehensive recording.

joiwind:
Try these gems from Nirsoft :

Opened files view
My event viewer

You would have to add them to your Start folder.

kyrathaba:
OP, if you use some of the command-line switches with Nirsoft's "Opened files view", you can have activity logged to a specific text file that you can later review, after "friends" have been on your computer.

40hz:
Set up a separate user account for your friends with limited privileges.
It won't prevent every problem guests can cause. But it will prevent most of them.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version