topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: REQUEST: Print APA Style/Format Guide Needed  (Read 3211 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
REQUEST: Print APA Style/Format Guide Needed
« on: July 23, 2011, 04:45 PM »
To all the collegiates out there in DoCo land, I seek your help. In my current degree, I find myself doing quite a bit of writing. My school utilizes the APA format and I am finding little eccentricities about it. Does anyone have a good physical print book they can recommend that covers APA writing, not just citing?

Thanks, as always!

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: REQUEST: Print APA Style/Format Guide Needed
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Sorry, no longer a collegiate, but IIRC, the only difference between APA and other formats IS the way it cites references.  Otherwise it is just a manuscript.  Is there something more specific you are looking for?

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Looking for a recommended book for APA styling and formatting. There appear to be a lot of specifics with how things are formatted throughout an essay. I do not about MLA because I have never had to write in that format, but I do know that what I was taught in high school does not apply to this writing style. Heck, what I wrote in my associates courses does not apply, typically, to my bachelors level writings.

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:57 AM »
Well when I went for my MBA, we used the Little Brown Handbook, but I found http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/ much more helpful for me.  The bonus is this is up to date as compared to my version of the Little Brown book.  Note:  It is called Little Brown because that is the publisher - Mine is red, and not very little.   :P

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Try looking at the official APA Style Guide web site.

In addition to the official guide, Amazon sells several other less formal, but possibly easier to use, books on the subject.