ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Digital Painting/texture creation software bundle

(1/3) > >>

jeme:
In case that someone is thinking about buying one or more of the following programs:
- Curvy 3D 1.6 by Aartform (3D modeler)
- TwistedBrush Pro by Pixarra (2D paint)
- Genetica 3.0 Basic by Spiral Graphics (Textures)
- Dj D Artagnan by John Somnitz (music)
- Project Dogwaffle 4.1 by Dan Ritchie  (2D Paint - this is not the latest version, but anyway) 
- Archipelis Designer 2 by Archipelis (Basic photo-to-3D modeler)
- Texture anarchy by Digital Anarchy (Textures) 
- AnyFX for Project Dogwaffle by Pixelan (Visual Effects)
- Dynamic Auto Painter (DAP) by Mediachance (2D painting (literally) program)

Then check this web site: http://www.coolcreativebundle.com/
I'm still wondering where the catch is, but they offer all nine for a total of 59$.
(I'm not related to any of these guys, just thought, some of you would like to know as I would have when I bought one of the programs some time ago)

Deozaan:
Seems too good to be true. So I think it probably is. . . :-\

Bionic71:
Exellent deal if this is true but question remains - who dives first  :)

40hz:
Yeah. Something feels a little shaky. Oddly enough it's that "4% to charity" that really strikes me as strange. Almost feels like window dressing although I may be just getting a little too cynical.

I suppose one thing you could try is to contact some of the allegedly participating software publishers (with the link) and ask them if they can confirm the legitimacy this offer.

If it's on the level it's a really good deal. But it does sound almost too good. :huh:

------------
Update:

I sent a quick email to a few of the companies listed asking them to confirm if they're in on this offer. I'll post when/if I hear back from them. 8)

jeme:
Sorry, I should have mentioned in my first post: I got notice about this bundle from one of the participants, the Dogwaffle newsletter; I also found a link to this page in the forum of Curvy 3D.

So I don't think it's an illegal offer; I rather thought of restricted or older versions. My first impression was that it's only Dogwaffle who participate with the previous version, but I just did some more research and figured out the following:

* As mentioned already, Project Dogwaffle is currently at 5.1b, but participates with 4.1 (and they promote this bundle quite a bit, so I guess, it's primarily driven by them; however, they don't hide the version difference in any way)
* Curvy 3D is at 2.0 right now, but is listed in the bundle with 1.6. However, the forum contains a post saying that you can upgrade from 1.5 without extra costs.
* TwistedBrush is at 18.07 right now, listed in the bundle with 16.24, and their FAQ says "Upgrades to the next major version will be available for a fee" (30$ apparently); the regular price listed as a saving would apply to 18.07 though.
* Genetica is at 3.6, but listed with 3.0 in the bundle; I haven't figured out yet, though, whether 3.6 is a free upgrade then.
* The others seem to be current or do not specify a version number.Just sent an e-mail to them and asked for further information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version