ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinPatrol PLUS: 50% off today at Bits du Jour

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ath:
move my copy to a new machine without having to purchase a new license?
-Curt (July 25, 2011, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, I did that before, and all it wants is the Plus code. It's a lifetime license after all :up:

MilesAhead:
move my copy to a new machine without having to purchase a new license?
-Curt (July 25, 2011, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, I did that before, and all it wants is the Plus code. It's a lifetime license after all :up:
-Ath (July 25, 2011, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not only can move to another machine. It's as many PCs as you own personally.  Go to the site. I think you'll find I'm right.  Sandboxie has the same license if my memory serves.

Curt:
vruf! vruf!

I don't know how to spell it in English but my computer keeps saying vruf! all the time. Turns out I had WinPatrol installed in May 2010, so it just wants to know if this, this, this, this and this change really is okay...

------

Regarding Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO ["Mb"]. cyberdiva said she is using Mb together with other security programs, and I was surprised, because Outpost specific tells me that I can only run 1 anti-malware at a time. But I see on Mb's homepage that the Mb features include: "Works Well With Others", so I was wondering if I really can run Malwarebytes together with Outpost Security Suite's anti-malware part? Of course I can tell Outpost to leave the anti-malware-job to Mb, but that is not what I mean. I mean, can they scan side-by-side?
Does any one know if this is possible?  :tellme:

cyberdiva:
Curt, I've never run the security suite, but for quite a while I did use the Outpost Pro firewall, and it co-existed very nicely with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro (MBAM).  I don't recall whether I had an option to have the firewall do the anti-malware part.  If I did, I'm sure I told it not to do so, since I already had MBAM and was very happy with it.

I recall that I had to put exclusions in my AV program so it wouldn't conflict with MBAM, and I may have put exclusions in MBAM to ignore the AV program.  I just don't remember.  I can say that I don't remember running into any problem with MBAM Pro and any firewall or AV program.

With my relatively new computer running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, I've decided to go with the built-in Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials, along with MBAM and WinPatrol PLUS.  Again, I've added some exclusions in MSE to ignore MBAM and vice versa.  So far, no problems (knock on wood, salt over my shoulder  :D ).

Curt:
-thanks, cyberdiva
- and good luck and God's blessing with the relatively new, fine machine :-)

I have registered at MBAM's forum  and asked the same question there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version