ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinPatrol PLUS: 50% off today at Bits du Jour

<< < (2/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
cyberdiva
I'm astonished at the number of programs that put themselves into the startup menu without asking.  In the majority of cases, it's absolutely unnecessary that the program start when Windows does.
--- End quote ---

I remember for awhile it was the fad to try to stick an "agent" in the start up so that when you ran the associated program it snapped up.  Since the core was already running in the tray it made it seem more responsive, at the expense of every other app on the machine.  A few still try to pull this trick.  Lame way to "optimize" your program's start up speed.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

If my 17.x did not upgrade to 20.5 nicely (maybe I have a lifetime license, courtesy of Bill P) I would have immediately upgraded on the special.

There are some startup organizers that are prettier, and you might end up with two.  However for security consciousness and care (checking all bases) WinPatrol is easily the best. 

And I think the Plus version might have more real-time control, which lessens the possibility of an new startup entry with a forced reboot that could get around a slow time-paging warning, and then try to do some damage on the startup.

Anyway, WinPatrol is A-1 for any layered security system, with the type of stuff mentioned in the posts above.  Nobody else handles the startup issues in anywhere near as strong a manner.

If you just want to view the startup entries, and do some moving around and changing, probably Chameleon Startup Manager or Startup Organizer of Metaproducts should also be considered. Also there are the techie Autoruns types of products.  However, whatever else you get, try to have WinPatrol Plus on your system.

Shalom,
Steven

cyberdiva:
If my 17.x did not upgrade to 20.5 nicely (maybe I have a lifetime license, courtesy of Bill P) I would have immediately upgraded on the special.
-Steven Avery (July 23, 2011, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Steven, I think that the PLUS version comes with a lifetime license.  I've upgraded WinPatrol PLUS many times over the years, and I've never been asked to pay anything for the upgrades.

Steven Avery:
Yep. Thus another Plus plus.

Curt:
Thanks for the many answers on WinPatrol+   :up:

One more question, please; Does any of you KNOW if I can move my copy to a new machine without having to purchase a new license?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version