ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

High CPU usage when running along with Activewords

(1/2) > >>

zhichao:
I have been using clipboard help+spell for a while.  In past, I found sometimes, clipboard was taking away one of the dual cores completely.  It puzzled me for a while until I found the problem only happened when I was using Activewords program.  Any insight what may have caused this issue?

mouser:
can you try an experiment for me, try unchecking this and see if it has any effect:

mouser:
Actually a better solution to your problem might be to add the activewords exe to the exclusion list in CHS:

(note that i dont know what the actual exe name of activewords is, so the screenshot is just an example).

zhichao:
Acutally, I tried both of the options.  The activewords.exe should be AWMonitor.exe.  The problem still happens.  It does not happen immediately.  Note, there are 2 instances running for AWMonitor.exe.  When the problem happens, one of the AWMonitor.exe shows 2-3% CPU usage and another core was completely taken by CHS.

It seems that I can only use one of the program.  I really want to use both.  So if there is any debugging I can do, please let me know.

mouser:
ActiveWords must be doing something crazy to make CHS behave that way.. the question is, what..
Anyone else have any theories?  I will try installing ActiveWords on a virtual machine with CHS and see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version