ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Feature request: Web clipping, permanent note keeping

<< < (8/8)

rjbull:
what if i export to xml format -- so presumably any number of conversion tools could post-process the export file.
-mouser (September 07, 2011, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
I realise that real programmers are able to get to grips with XML, so that would be a nice addition.  The trouble is that I don't understand XML.  It's a more complex format that I meant, and one would have to find tools to do what one wanted.  On the other hand, even I can write simple AWK scripts, and used to use a lot of them.  Very convenient for modest data-twiddling tasks.

That is, I'd like a really simple format that ordinary computer users with modest skills can work with easily.

rjbull:
what if i export to xml format -- so presumably any number of conversion tools could post-process the export file.
-mouser (September 07, 2011, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
I realise that real programmers are able to get to grips with XML, so that would be a nice addition.  The trouble is that I don't understand XML.  It's a more complex format that I meant [...] I'd like a really simple format that ordinary computer users with modest skills can work with easily.
-rjbull (September 07, 2011, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose that XML is now what programmers immediately think of when asked about exchanging data between programs.  For the end user, something like ClipMate's Templates would be much easier, and more versatile than what I suggested above.  They're just plain text files that allow you to freely mix fixed text with tokens representing the clip itself and its various attributes.  That's pretty close to the idea of merging CHS with FLM that others have suggested.  However, ClipMate appears to apply the templates as the clip is captured.  As I said before, I'd rather apply them at pasting time.  That would allow many different "views" of the same data, for different purposes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version