topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ClipMate developer has returned  (Read 3669 times)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ClipMate developer has returned
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:06 AM »
Good news for users of the excellent clipboard manager ClipMate.  The developer, Chris Thornton, who normally responds to many messages every day on the forum, suddenly disappeared a month or so ago.  Having an active imagination of disaster, I feared the worst.  But today he reappeared on the forum, responding to a number of requests for help.  :Thmbsup:  No explanation about his long absence.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ClipMate developer has returned
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Well, that's a good thing I guess. But to be honest he has never been that much help IMO. Once in a while he seems to get into a helpful mood and doesn’t come across like a complete oaf, but on many occasions his responses to inquiries are short and not helpful. I've read too many where someone asks about a problem they're haing with ClipMate and he replies, "That's a Windows problem. Nothing to do with ClipMate." Maybe true but some explanation would seem to be in order.

IDK, I just haven't seen enough helpful replies from him in the few years I've been using ClipMate. The program fortunately doesn’t require much maintenance.

Jim

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ClipMate developer has returned
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 08:39 AM »
Shortly after I posted about Chris Thornton's offering no explanation for his rather long absence from the ClipMate forum, he did post a short explanation.  Apparently he also has a real life.  :)  I wouldn't have guessed, seeing how many messages he usually responded to each day on the forum.  BTW, in the same message, he also mentioned that he has made "significant progress" on a 64-bit ClipBar and hopes to roll it out this fall.

I agree, Jim, that Chris's responses can be rather short and prickly, but when I've sent a message about a problem or even just a question, he has usually answered it promptly and usefully.