Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 20, 2014, 12:58:45 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: SpecifSite - browser choice on individual basis  (Read 968 times)
mateek
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:54:21 PM »

I'd love to see a program that allows you to specify which sites are opened by which browser.

Here's how I picture it.  SpecifSite sits in the the tray, and when clicked opens a set of collapsible full width frames corresponding to each of the browsers you have installed on your computer.  I think they should be cataloged the first time you run SpecifSite.  Under each listing for each browser there's a plus sign, and a delete x.  You add URLs under each browser, and they open to that browser as long as SpecifSite is running.  If you've already added a URL, and want to edit it, highlight the listing, and hit the plus sign again.  If the site isn't added to SpecifSite then the default browser retains control.

Options:  If the programming is too difficult to list a general URL, how about the path to any shortcut you designate?    If anyone has heard of a software like this I apologize, but I've never run into anything like it before, and my searches didn't find anything.

Inspiration:  Browsers are getting so good I'm finding I prefer Firefox for much of my general surfing (this month's Firefox sold me into making it my default browser for the first time ever...blazing fast) but my preference for a full screen media page I visit daily is still IE9.  I bet I'd find some sights I like best with Chrome too.  Then there's my laziness when opening a page of stats on one of my own websites, that I wrote the password on a retired computer, but a certain browser still has it retained. 

Stop war: GetAnd.   Mobile edition: AndAnd.
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:51 AM »

The idea has popped up before: IDEA: rule-based browser chooser
And this is also on-topic: -1 for BrowserChooser
And this is probably the mother of all these ideas: IDEA: Choose which browser will open a url from external app that also has the link to BrowserChooser what could probably fulfill in the first needs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0 ]