ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

FBI Arrests 12 in 'anonymous' raids

<< < (3/5) > >>

40hz:
it's hard getting to the rotten core when there is a big distributed net work of cannon fodder.
-f0dder (July 20, 2011, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Truer words were never spoken.

That's the problem with getting involved with something like Anonymous or LulzSec. Unless you're in the core group, you're a sacrificial lamb and 'cover' for the real players when it finally hits the fan.

Basic rule of thumb #1: if your protest actions are going to stray into areas of questionable legality, make sure you're part of the "in" crowd.

Basic rule of thumb #2: If there's a chance of doing some slam time for it, make sure it''s your own personal convictions (and not somebody else's) that put you behind bars.

Back in the anti-war movement days of Viet Nam era, the SDS (i.e. Students for a Democratic Society) used to pull that trick all the time. They'd get half a college campus to show up for a demonstration. Then once the police showed up, they'd provoke until the cops started moving in on the crowd. But once the riot batons came out and the tear gas hit you couldn't find an SDS 'parade marshal' anywhere.

Before:                           After:
FBI Arrests 12 in 'anonymous' raids      FBI Arrests 12 in 'anonymous' raids

Lotta dumb-ass but well intentioned kids got their butts handed to them more than once that way. Which was fine from the protest organizers' perspective. The more students that got hurt, the better it proved what the SDS was saying about the 'police state' we lived in...

:-\

Stoic Joker:
How's that song go? Four dead in O-hi-o...

You do have a much more eloquent way of expressing where my head is at for time to time 40hz. But I do still enjoy ranting at odd angles. The constant hype these days just gets to me.

40hz:
I do still enjoy ranting at odd angles. The constant hype these days just gets to me.
-Stoic Joker (July 20, 2011, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. We should start a club... ;D

40hz:
--- End quote ---

For me it was more like:

I heat up
I cool down
Something gets in my way I go around it
Don't let life get me down
Gonna take it the way that I found it...

You say that life is a circle
But that ain't the way that I found it
Oh...Gonna move in a straight line
Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

I heat up
I cool down
I got words in my head so I sing them
Don't let life get me down
I can't hold onto the blues - so I play them

--- End quote ---

(with thx to Ms. Kiki Dee)

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

For me it was more like:-40hz (July 20, 2011, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood, but I was more queuing off you 60's protest reference. Neil Young, Kent State, people paying a high price for "change".

There are generals, and there are soldiers ... Generals tend to avoid personal risk. As the rules of combat seem to "protect" those in charge. Except when we started shooting generals during our own revolution ... That little prank rattled the British a bit...

Funny how when Egypt was in turmoil everyone was yeah democracy. But when it happens here the antidisestablishmentarians come out in force and start harrumphing about why lines can't get toed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version