topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 25, 2024, 6:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Warning, rant: CodeLobster...support?  (Read 2182 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Warning, rant: CodeLobster...support?
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:05 PM »
<rant>Got interested in a BDJ offer for CodeLobster (CL) for PHP.  I've looked at it in the past, but could never see my way clear to the outlay for what I could see from the free version.  However, it seems as though I just dropped ~%50 for the free version - with a 30-day time limit!

Got the registration code, downloaded the latest version, installed.  Nothing abnormal - so far!

Entered the appropriate registration information as it was sent to me.  CL said all was good, that I should reboot for the software to recognize the registration:  I did, it didn't.  Tried this several times - Einsteinians, belay comment.  Made a comment to the BDJ on the problem.  'Twas 'splained to me that I must do it properly.  I had.

Then I contacted CL directly.  Same response.  I had clearly stated the steps I took, step by step, quoting the source(s) of the registration code I was using.  First response, don't use the free registration code.  Second response - none!

Somehow, I have trouble putting trust in software when the so-called help facility responds in such a fashion.  Maybe it's just me, but if their help facility is that unresponsive - and apparently unable to read a fairly simple email - how much trust can I put into the product?</rant>

(edit for notification)