topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Newsletter for June 12th, 2011 - "Summer Server"  (Read 16592 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Newsletter for June 12th, 2011 - "Summer Server"
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Newsletter for June 12th, 2011
"Summer Server"

1. Newsletter Editorial

Greetings and welcome to another edition of the DonationCoder newsletter!  We've got a pretty full edition this time so I'll keep my comments here short.  If this is the first of our newsletters that you've received let me explain a bit how we create the newsletter.  Each month we go through our forum and try to select noteworthy topics and discussions and compile them into newsletter form.

2. User-to-User: Your Input Requested

We welcome everyone's participation on the forum, no matter what your level of computer knowledge or how long you've been a DC member. If you're still waiting to make your first post, see the links below for some good places to jump in.

3. Software Updates

I updated a bunch of my applications since the last newsletter.  Mostly minor bugfixes, but one new big release of an application called "Little Voice Commander" which is designed to encourage young toddlers to babble and speak.  I also started a new series on Top 10 Tips for my Find and Run Robot; if you've ever been curious about it, that might be a good thing to browse.

4. Member Releases

We've had quite a few software releases by DC members lately.

5. Website Discoveries, Debates, and Discussions

What's new in cyberspace? What exciting new sites have been discovered by forum members?  What's the current hot topic and debate? Read on to find out..

6. Fun, Games, Humor and Amusements on the Web

If you've read the newsletter up to this point, take a break and check out the lighter side of the forum - humor, videos, and games..

7. General Software Discussion

Almost half the posts on the forum fall into the category of general software discussions, questions, recommendations, etc. This is one of the most active sections of the DC forum and a great resource if you're trying to solve a software or hardware related problem. We get so much traffic on this board that we've split the recent content into sections in the newsletter - general software and specific software discussions.

8. Specific Software Discussion

This section of the newsletter draws attention to some of the standout discussions about specific programs that have been started since the last newsletter.

9. Developer's Corner

The title of this section shouldn't scare you off - there is definitely something of interest for everyone here! It's more than just a section for the discussion of software development, it's also where we discuss web design, entrepreneurial ideas, and general productivity issues.  It's great to see that the section has been pretty active recently.

10. Hardware Hideout

We tend to focus on websites and software on the forum, but that doesn't mean that DC forum members aren't always on the lookout for cool new gadgets and information on maximizing their computer's performance.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:29 PM by mouser »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: --> Newsletter for June 12th, 2011 - "Summer Server"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 02:58 AM »
Thanks for the great newsletter. :Thmbsup: As usual, there are some really good topics featured.

Ampa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I am cute ;)
    • View Profile
    • MonkeyDash - 2 Player strategy boardgame
    • Donate to Member
Re: --> Newsletter for June 12th, 2011 - "Summer Server"
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 06:10 AM »
Only one reply to this month's newsletter - Yikes!

Thanks for the interesting synopsis: discovered a couple of posts that I'd missed and revisited a few others to catch up on the latest musings from fellow DCers.