topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Beware of YouTubeDownloader 3!  (Read 4480 times)

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Beware of YouTubeDownloader 3!
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:12 PM »
I have been using YouTubeDownloader to get local copies of YouTube videos. I have been using v 2.7.2. Last night I checked, downloaded v 3.2 and installed it. It didn't use Orbit Downloader to download the test video and downloaded slowly, I put it down to a congested Internet connection. I tried again this morning, still slow. I checked the BienneSoft website, saw the Pro version there, read about it and found out that it does have download acceleration(but only 4x, I believe my Orbit uses 8 threads). It has a multi-download function, the license is $19.95 and doesn't expire. Do they really need to remove download acceleration to get  people to buy the Pro version? After complaining and using the uninstall, I wasn't able to reinstall the 2.7.2 version. I got a message saying "You can't install an older version."  I didn't take that lying down. I set a restore point before installing v3.2, so I used it and after Windows was finished re-booting, I was able to re-install v 2.7.2. I then found a v3.0 download and after sandboxing Windows Explorer using Sandboxie I tried installing v 3.0. I got the same message, so I dumped the sandbox. V 2.7.2 still worked fine and used Orbit. This is my warning:
Don't update to YouTubeDownloader v3.* unless you want to pay for the Pro vesion.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:17 PM by Arizona Hot »

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Beware of YouTubeDownloader 3!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Good info, thanks!