ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

anonplus: new, uncensored social network coming soon?

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
I just read this article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/8645293/Anonymous-hacktivists-plan-Google-alternative.html

An uncensored social network?  I wouldn't mind at all.  The only problem I really see is that most people will probably not want to use a "hackers" tool instead of facebook or google+.  It's not like your mom is going to switch from facebook to anonplus.

But...I like the idea very much.  Sort of the Linux of social networks.  No advertising, no crazy layouts or anything.  We'll see, I'll be interested.  I hate facebook not because I feel "too cool" for it but I find the interface really really annoying.  It's just too much.  I haven't tried google+, but google's app never really hit a home run with me.  They are always pretty good and of top quality, just never makes me too excited.  I like gmail the best, of course, but even that, I don't get the boner everyone else gets with it.  I have a feeling that my mind just doesn't work the way google models things, even though it seems to resonate very well with a lot of people.

Ah...I probably won't use any of these things, come to think about it.  I never have.  I went through the same thing with every new communication technology.  I use it a lot in the beginning, then it quickly dies.

Stoic Joker:
So... 4chan is going mainstream? Or are they going for a middle ground of some kind?

*Shrug* I came from the buck-the-system generation, so I'm ok with it either way.

Should be fun to watch. Seeing them piss-off Orlando certainly has been.

superboyac:
4chan...ugh...see, that's the problem with anarchy.  I love the idea of it, but I hate the ugliness that results.  yet another indication that I'm an irrational idealist.

Stoic Joker:
4chan...ugh...see, that's the problem with anarchy.-superboyac (July 18, 2011, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hay, (bright side to the unfiltered version) at least there is no need to wonder what they really meant.

If it was just a bit more articulate, it might catch on.

40hz:
Interesting idea. But the real censorship that's coming down the pike is of the "voluntary" and "cooperative" variety. And it will be the ISPs rather than the social networks that will be doing it after being "encouraged" to take on more "responsibility" by several governments.

So whether you're social site is on FB or G+, or it's hosted on some decentralized P2P system going through an onion router, it's only a matter of time before it can be identified and shut down. Because the backbone and conduits are provided by governments and corporations.

Many people assume there's nothing that can be done to effectively stop hackers. And while that may be semi-true with the Internet the way it's currently implemented, there's nothing to say this particular version of the Internet will be the one we all end up using ten years from now. Either way, it's a sure bet tomorrow's Internet will be nowhere near as open (by design and law) as our current one is.

At best, Anonymous' social network will be a temporary stopgap unless Anonymous starts stringing its own fiber and putting up its own satellites. (Oh! Do they know you need a government issued license to do that?  :P )

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version