topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 10:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: I Find This HILARIOUS~! =D  (Read 11946 times)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: I Find This HILARIOUS~! =D
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38 PM »
@Stoic Joker Coming soon live google maps, catch you in the act

Oh goody, then I'll finally be rid of the embarrassing the water was cold Satt photo.

Not.

:D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 01:48 PM »
My trend projections put the advent of full-bore fascism in the USA sometime between 2024 and 2050.

I think this reflects an important misreading of the main lesson that American corporatists and political ruling class have solved, which is that you need to give enough of the people enough democracy, kabuki theatre, and stock market investments so that they will never rise up and have a revolution.

The good news is it means we won't ever have full-bore fascism.  The bad news is things never get any better than bad.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 02:07 PM »
... The bad news is things never get any better than bad.

Sometimes I think it might actually be a helpful thing . in the (very?) long run - if the US & the EU went bankrupt.
on second thoughts probably not,
idea was it could cause a change to accepted way of running things. But I guess that's going to happen - or not, either way.
Tom

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Hey America - welcome to the real world.

The only thing you got wrong is that America is a democracy? 9/11 didn't put an end to that idea (although it gave anti-democratic methods a huge boost) - the US hasn't been a democracy in the last century (if it ever truly has been).

Sorry to disillusion you - democracy is rather more than a popular vote between two candidates (hand picked by cronies and big business) every few years - and Bush even got in when he lost the vote!

I know it is probably going to annoy people for me to say this but the US, UK and almost all of the so called democratic west, is no more democratic than the old USSR and Maoist China. The west is just better at the PR to give the illusion and stop people revolting, and they might (but only might) be a little less aggressive because of those PR firms! Truly stand up to the government, fire the bullet to be heard around the world in the US today and see how you will be applauded for your courage (from Guantanamo - sorry that is closed now, right - the liberal president promised - didn't he?)

If you want to object to my analysis take your criticism to a free speech thread where I don't have to read it ... (that's democratic - right?)

+1.  I fully agree with this.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Sometimes I think it might actually be a helpful thing . in the (very?) long run - if the US & the EU went bankrupt.
on second thoughts probably not,
idea was it could cause a change to accepted way of running things. But I guess that's going to happen - or not, either way.

mightn't be that far away, even the conservative Daily Mail is writing stuff like this:
Capitalism in crisis, a warning from history: Eighty years ago, a banking collapse devastated Europe, triggering war. Today, faith in the free markets is faltering again.
Tom