ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Want to see impressive numbers?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Renegade:
I hate politicians. Why? Because they do not understand debt. Normal people understand debt, but they don't. Why is that?

Debt needs to be paid back!
-worstje (July 18, 2011, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

I utterly fail to understand how anyone can condone deficit spending. Talk to someone in finance, and wow... You're in for some wonderful BS rationalizations that if you were seriously high, might make sense.

4wd:
Those numbers aren't that scary really, the US National debt is currently balanced by the GDP - as reflected on the World Debt page with a pretty much no net gain/loss ratio of ~100%.

However, if you look at the EU countries........ ;)
-4wd (July 18, 2011, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you are reading that wrong...-steeladept (July 18, 2011, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're probably right, I wish they'd give an example when they throw around statistics like that.

Am I interpreting these numbers correctly?

US Families: 82 million
Food stamp recipients: 45 million

Over 1/2 of the families in the USA are on Food Stamps?
-Deozaan (July 18, 2011, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think the number of recipients directly equates to families on a one-to-one basis.

Do they consider a single person with no dependants a family (eg. homeless persons) ?

Do they count a family of four as four individual recipients or just the parents if the children are under age ?

J-Mac:
I say write off the debt and start over!! I'll forgive me my portion of the debt... how about you folks?   :P

Jim

Renegade:
I say write off the debt and start over!! I'll forgive me my portion of the debt... how about you folks?   :P
-J-Mac (July 19, 2011, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have any debt. There are enough chains and shackles without adding a big iron ball to the chain...

J-Mac:
-J-Mac (July 19, 2011, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have any debt. There are enough chains and shackles without adding a big iron ball to the chain...
-Renegade (July 19, 2011, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, as long as America is still such a wonderful land of opportunity, where bluebirds fly, dreams really do come true, trouble melts like lemon drops...... and where companies like Bank of America can take in $4.4 billion in profit in 2010, receive $1 trillion in "stimulus" money, pay NO corporate income tax, and still receive a tax refund of $1.9 billion dollars.....

....why me worry??  (about the "Debt", that is).

Jim

(BOA numbers above from Forbes, BTW - and way too many more like it!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version