ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Acronis Saves the Day

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
So, I'm doing an interview. 3 people. We're all recording our own audio.

Thank you Nvidia! Poof! BSOD!

I just about could have cried...

I get back on Skype, and Nico ever so sensitively says, "I'd be really embarrassed if that happened to me!" Jeez! Thanks! Care to pour some iodine in the wound after rubbing in the salt? :P Hahahaha~! But it was very embarrassing... :(

Long & short, I was able to pull out a backup from the Acronis non-stop backup. Phew~! Lost some of the audio, but I at least got the lion's share.

Curt:
 :up:

It's good to hear that somehow is having a much better experience with Acronis than I have had. In the end I got so disappointed that I uninstalled my licensed Acronis TrueImage2010.

Carol Haynes:
I had three licenses for Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 Workstation and have uninstalled them - got really fed up with the bloat and the constant unfixed bugs and irritations. Their corporate TrueImage was very good but B&R10 is just a constant bugfest and has been ever since it was released. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a long time but now I had dropped them and won't be going back.

FWIW I have also had their Partition Manager hose my system on a number of occasions.

For imaging I now use Windows Backup (in Windows 7) and/or Paragon software which seems to work pretty well. I also use Paragon Partition Manager too.

nosh:
FWIW I have also had their Partition Manager hose my system on a number of occasions.
-Carol Haynes (July 17, 2011, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

10 points for not giving up!  :P

I've had that happen to me too.  :)

40hz:
+1 w/above. I liked Acronis up until v9.0 - with the 8.x series being my favorite.

After that there was too much bloat and anomalies to contend with. But until then, TrueImage was a lifesaver on more than a dozen machines and occasions.  :up:

Maybe they'll get it back to what it once was. Hope springs eternal! :)

Either way, glad it worked out well for you. That's the only thing that really matters.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version