topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Study Tool Linking  (Read 3267 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Study Tool Linking
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:48 AM »
Study Tool Linking.

I need a program to create inside a document links to another document.
With PDF-XChange Viewer you can go from a part of a pdf to a part in another pdf.

Can you do this with a word document under word 2002 ?
Can you do this with a special script to create marks in a part of a document (xls, doc, pdf) to go into another part of another document (pdf, doc, xls,...) ?

Best Regards

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Study Tool Linking
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:58 AM »
I Word is a requirement, store the document in HTML format. Then you have the option to mark sections and create referring links wherever inside the rest of the original document and other documents.

What you describe is (very) basic HTML functionality. 

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Owwww. But I don't want that.
I am using HTML docs to manage complex situations, but what I really want is use in the word format.

Best Regards

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I specially would like under word because my projects are in word while developing . So I need to link in real time and a fully editable document.

Best Regards.
I am looking for a script for that purpose. I have tried with bat files. I would like something like PDF-XChange Viewer functionality under tools-LinkTools

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 11:07 AM »
If you want something builtin, look up "cross references" in Word.  (Word also has hyperlinks, but I prefer cross references.)  

If you want more control, a cross reference is just a bookmark with an inserted REF field that links to it.  You can easily make a bookmark, then insert a REF field as a hyperlink to the bookmark.  (if you insert a cross-reference, Word does some automagic stuff, but the pieces are the same)

I forget the sites I was on, but searching for stuff on Word bookmarks, fields, should get you what you want (or what I think you want based on my interpretation of your request!!).

If you want to link to something outside of Word, I think you have to use hyperlinks.  I'm not sure if there is any other (non VBA) way of doing it.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 04:37 PM »
I have used cross references and even system variables to work with other word documents. But I would like a script like that one that comes with PDF-XChange Viewer. Something easy.
 :)