topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with the *SQL Maestro software line?  (Read 2434 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone familiar with the *SQL Maestro software line?
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:20 PM »
I installed the trial for AnySQL Maestro, but it doesn't want to talk to MySQL, at least not natively, and its connection wizard would be right at home in Id  :P.

Then pulled down & installed MySQL Maestro, but haven't had much time to play with it.

Is this stuff worth the time to evaluate?  Been using the community edition of SQLyog for most MySQL stuff, but I'm not really wild about it - it is functional, but that's about it.

Basically, I'd like to find something that will let me construct tables, then build and test queries against them.  PHP can troubleshoot a lot of stuff, with appropriate echo or print lines scattered through the code, but that can get pretty cumbersome, 'specially when it comes time to clean up the script.  phpMyAdmin serves well for some stuff, but it's lacking in several areas when troubleshooting time arrives.