ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

InfoQube & TreeSheets: Information managers of the future

<< < (6/8) > >>

urlwolf:
Meanwhile, I've found a notetaker that I really like. Rightnote, I posted about it before long ago. This tool is a labor of love. If you like oneNote, but fear being locked in its proprietary format, rightnote is the best replacement. Portable. Live search is excellent. It can have different note types, spreadsheets and code. The author is very responsive and releases new versions fast. Probably the best notetaker I know. Its treatment of tags is fantastic. And it can link external files and treat them as notes, that is, index them. It's called virtual notes. This is good for collaborating with people who don't use rightnote. Oh, and it clips snippets with their url. It has displaced cintanotes for me.

JavaJones:
Sounds like you're using TreeSheets more like a mind or idea mapper than a pure "note taking" app, eh?

Rightnote sounds interesting. Shoulda linked it though :D This one? http://www.bauerapps.com/RightNote.html

- Oshyan

superboyac:
Sounds like you're using TreeSheets more like a mind or idea mapper than a pure "note taking" app, eh?

Rightnote sounds interesting. Shoulda linked it though :D This one? http://www.bauerapps.com/RightNote.html

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (August 22, 2011, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
True.  I think you are right.  Mindmapping is the more accurate term.

Rightnote is awesome, I just tried it.  Very well made program.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Anybody able to compare RightNote and TreeDbnotes ?  

TreeDbNotes does have a real forum, RightNote is more anonymous, so it might be nice to contact the developer.  On the other hand TreeDbnotes seems to be a bit dismissive at times (e.g. on the "free" being not free issue).

Anyway, functionally both programs look quite nice, (Keynote-NF lags on look for sure) I'm sure there are a dozen major differences -- so what are they ?

==============================================

On a quick glance, the creation of a flexible table in RightNote is very impressive.  Not sure yet what type of object this table is, anyone know ?  Is such a feature possible in InfoQube ?  You just smack dab an n x n rows and columns and start typing data ! And then you adjust the sizes.  Now if that makes an SQL data base that would be especially kewl, but even simply internal to the note taker ... impressive.  Have you seen that elsewhere ? (e.g. MyBase ?)

Shalom,
Steven

superboyac:
Boy, this is bringing back memories of that huge roundup...
Currently, I am most impressed by RightNote.  I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to be awesome in every nook and cranny that I look.  TreeDBNotes is not one I've played around with much, and I can tell it's as powerful as a traditional notetaker comes, but there are some things I don't quite like about it compared to RightNote (the searching comes to mind).  Mybase has lost favor with me.  It feels old, and development is slow, but it is still relatively powerful in specific areas.  In other words, it may do a couple of things that other programs can't do, and that may be dealbreakers for some people.  InfoQube is still the most powerful of the bunch, but it falls short on the UI front compared to the others.  The UI of RightNote is the best I've seen in a notetaker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version