topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CH+S Error Message  (Read 3485 times)

justW3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • What you think I said is probably not what I meant
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CH+S Error Message
« on: July 13, 2011, 11:34 AM »
I wonder if you can advise.  I occasionally get "Error DB65: DBISAM Engine Error # 11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'query (10601)' "  If I click the OK (the only option), I then get another box that reads: "Error EX63: Operation aborted"

I am (still!) using Windows XP (sp 3).

The error occurs when I press Ctrl + C to copy highlighted text.  It does not occur often, maybe once every couple of days.

[BTW comment: Until I recently stumbled across other threads on such error messages in this forum, I did not realise these particular error messages related to CH+S.  The reason being, the error notification box that pops up does not identify the program it relates to.  In the blue topic area at the top of the box all is says is "Error.." There is no program name. 

Also, it actually 'pops under' rather than 'pops over' and so other than the error noise from the computer, for quite some time I had no idea what had caused what I tend to call the "dummy-you-pressed-the-wrong-key-again" noise.  I would only discover the error message some time later, after closing all windows. The trouble was that by then I had no idea what it was referring to.

Please don't take that as a criticism -- especially given that you produce such wonderful programs, and for free  :-*.  It's just quite a number of programs these days have similar error message boxes -- ie none of them adequately identify the program they are reporting on imho -- so CH+S is not alone in this.  I wish programmers would be more aware of this issue. I'd better stop going on about this. Sorry!   :-[

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: CH+S Error Message
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:41 AM »
Hi justw3 -- first of all let me say you are too kind.  If such anonymous errors were happening to me and i couldn't tell what program was causing them i would be more than just a little aggravated.. I'd probably be yelling at my computer screen.

From looking on the web it seems as if the error has something to do with an antivirus program blocking access to the file.  Related errors in other programs:

Can you let us know what antivirus program you are using in case it might help others? And try excluding your CHS database directory in your antivirus program; those other pages above may also hold some clues.  I may try changing the temp directory location to make it easier to exclude.  Maybe when you see that error there is a way for you to check what your antivirus has been scanning lately to confirm if in fact that is the problem.

justW3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • What you think I said is probably not what I meant
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CH+S Error Message
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Hi mouser,
Thanks for the advice. Will give it a go.
I am using Avira AntiVirus Premium.  I've now configured it to "Exclude" "C:\Program Files\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database" from it's monitoring checks.  I'll let you know if that doesn't resolves the problem -- ie see no news as good news.  :)
Thnaks.