ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Check folder and tell me which PDFs are images (non-searchable)

<< < (6/8) > >>

vevola:
@skwire btw, are you going to post it on your software website?

skwire:
No, I don't have plans to post this on my website as it's not really polished or, in some cases, all that accurate.

vevola:
Would it be possible to choose where to save the final txt files? Even better, would it be possible to open Explorer with those files highlighted? tia!

ps
would it help make the app better if i sent you some examples of false negatives?

skwire:
Would it be possible to choose where to save the final txt files? Even better, would it be possible to open Explorer with those files highlighted? tia!-vevola (July 21, 2011, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, it's possible.

would it help make the app better if i sent you some examples of false negatives?-vevola (July 21, 2011, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, because a false positive still contains text.  What I mean is...where does one draw the line as to what constitutes good text versus bad text?  You can get into all sorts of algorithms that attempt to do this but I think it's overkill for this utility. 

vevola:
You say it's not a polished app, I say it does what I asked for! :)

It would be nice to choose where to save the final results for example, and maybe even keep a record of which files have already been scanned (maybe by having the app look only at files after the soonest modified file from the previous scan - dunno if that makes sense) and just update the results file. Having the possibility to exclude somehow those false-positives from the scan I think would be nice too.

But like I said, it's usable this way, at least for me and Suntsu!

If you ever come to Germany, look me up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version