ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Will facebook ever be the same?

<< < (4/6) > >>

40hz:

Might as well jump in ... I need at least one friend so I don't look totally pathetic.  :D

-Stoic Joker (July 13, 2011, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Awww... :(

@Zaine - could you please 'friend' (or circle or whatever) Stoic so he doesn't look pathetic?

Pretty please?  :)

;D

Stoic Joker:
*Face Palm*

To clarify... I don't know the proper "circle etiquette" (having just got there), so I don't want to just start adding names I recognize blindly and end up looking like some weirdo stalker.

Remember, this really is my first venture into a "Social Network".

steeladept:
SJ, Let us know how it goes.  Maybe some of us other reticent folk will eventually join you in the foray into Social Networking.... :P

zridling:
@40hz:
Thanks for the Proust nod. Everyone has their literary loves, but Proust is mine simply because I would have loved to lived from 1870-1914 with one big qualification: If I were rich!

Found Stoic Joker and added him to my "tech" circle. I do like that early on, Google is asking for one or more specific detail (or personal photo) so that when people search for "Adam Smith," they have the right one. The one possibility I do see with G+ is that I could effectively blog from it -- and do so selectively since it allows pictures and video. That is, if I'm writing a post on politics, my work friends need not see that, and all that implies. I need to test the censorship, however. If I upload a photo of a nipple, is Google going to cancel my account? The TOS blah-blah-blah'd about illegal content, but other than cp and snuff films, what will be considered illegal to them? (Remember, these are the same Eric Schmidt-like mugs who happily turn over all your info to the cops when asked.)

In a few months or year when it goes public, Google has already said that everyone with a Gmail account will also have access to G+, so there's potentially a 100mn new users right there waiting in line.

zridling:
This just in: Zuckerberg's out, closes G+ account:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20079226-71/zuckerberg-closes-off-his-google-account/

"We're in the early days of making the Web more social, and there are opportunities for innovation everywhere."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version